Maintenance of Automated Access control systems and the Law.
In accordance with the latest directive of The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008, it is required that the customer of all automated gates and systems should put in place a fully documented maintenance programme following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
The European Community Commission stipulates all automatic closing systems (motorised gates, doors etc.) are covered by the Machine Directives 1 and should comply with the standard CE, EN12453 (and the corresponding CE, EN12445 relating to testing and measurement) to determine the requirements for the automatic closing system and give indications as to how dangerous situations can be avoided or reduced according to the following:
- Respecting the safety measurements
- The minimum protection level and force limitation
- Detecting presence and using safety devices
- Resistance to breakage and failure
- Documents to be available for inspection by the client, must contain the following:
- Operating instructions for the safe use of the system
- Normal maintenance instructions
- Declaration of approval
- The maintenance agreement
It is also a requirement of British Standards (BS EN 12453:2001 ) that a bi-annual service of safety systems be carried out by a competent body.
As part of its after sales service AMC are able to provide a fully compliant and documented maintenance regime that meets the required bi-annual inspection and maintenance requirements for your equipment.
Additionally we offer a range of contract options to cover emergency call out services with guaranteed response time coverage.
Non urgent or non contracted visits are arranged to suit the clients needs, and in addition AMC offer a spare parts service for all our products.